Current Lower Keys Events
- Nov. 25, 2017 Location: The Lower Keys Category: Arts & Culture
- Big Pine & The Lower Keys Island Art Festival
- 305-872-2411 Email Website
- Highlights of this holiday event include live music by local entertainers, food, exhibits and booths featuring locally produced arts and crafts. Festivities traditionally take place on the grounds of the Lower Keys Chamber of Commerce, MM 31 oceanside.
- Nov. 30, 2017 - Dec. 1, 2017 Location: The Lower Keys Category: Arts & Culture
- COAST presents: The Coast is Clear
- Email Website
- The crew at COAST — the Stock Island based artist and craftsman collective — has organized a two-day benefit concert festival, aptly named "Coast Is Clear", with the goal of raising money and spirits for the Florida Keys community in the wake of hurricane Irma. To date, the lineup includes national touring artists G. Love, Langhorne Slim, Rayland Baxter and Rorey Carroll. In addition, local favorites Patrick and The Swayzees and The Skank — among others — will add local flavor to the stages over the two-day event. Thursday (11/30) performances are to take place in the Bahama Village neighborhood with events shifting between Blue Heaven, Green Parrot and The COAST Outpost (803 Whitehead Street). Friday (12/1) shows will take place on Stock Island at Hogfish and COAST — both located on Front Street.