Current Florida Keys Fishing Events
- Apr. 7, 2017 - Nov. 30, 2017 Location: Key West Category: Fishing
- Key West Fishing Tournament
- Doris Harris 305-923-5934 Email Website
- More than 40 species of fish are targeted during these months, with divisions for men, women, junior anglers (ages 10 to 14) and Pee Wees (under 10 years old). The Key West Fishing Tournament strongly encourages the release of game fish. All participating anglers receive certificates noting their catches and qualify for a variety of prizes.
- Oct. 28, 2017 Location: The Florida Keys Category: Fishing
- The Florida Keys Hurricane Cup
- Email: Paul Tejera Email Website
- To replace this year's normally scheduled October Backcountry Fly Series, this Keyswide backcountry fishing tournament involves scoring in 3 different locations throughout the Keys. Anglers can fish from any marina in the Keys. $500 entry fee per team. A team can consist of a guide and angler, 2 anglers, 2 guides. It is a team event. Use either Spin or Fly, both people in boat can fish. Awards include Team Grand Champions, Fly Division Champion, Spin Division Champion, Ladies Champion, Most Bonefish, Redfish, Snook, Tarpon and Permit awards. Every dollar raised is to help the Guides Trust Foundation, an organization that assists fishing guides who can't work because of serious injury or illness, and in this case, in losses suffered post-hurricane Irma.