Current Florida Keys Fishing Events
- Jan. 1, 2018 - Aug. 31, 2018 Location: Key West Category: Fishing
- Key West Fishing Tournament
- Doris Harris 305-923-5934 Email Website
- More than 40 species of fish are targeted during these months, with divisions for men, women, junior anglers (ages 10 to 14) and Pee Wees (under 10 years old). The Key West Fishing Tournament strongly encourages the release of game fish. All participating anglers receive certificates noting their catches and qualify for a variety of prizes.
- Feb. 23, 2018 - Feb. 24, 2018 Location: Islamorada Category: Fishing
- Spring Backcountry Fly Championship Series
- Tournament anglers are to compete to catch the most inches of snook and redfish on fly in a challenge where one inch equals one point. Awards are to be given to the grand champion and runner-up, and to the anglers who catch the largest snook and redfish. The field is limited to 30 boats.