Current Florida Keys Fishing Events
- Jan. 1, 2018 - Aug. 31, 2018 Location: Key West Category: Fishing
- Key West Fishing Tournament
- Doris Harris 305-923-5934 Email Website
- More than 40 species of fish are targeted during these months, with divisions for men, women, junior anglers (ages 10 to 14) and Pee Wees (under 10 years old). The Key West Fishing Tournament strongly encourages the release of game fish. All participating anglers receive certificates noting their catches and qualify for a variety of prizes.
- Mar. 30, 2018 - Mar. 31, 2018 Location: Key Largo Category: Fishing
- REEF Lionfish Derby for Divers presented by Whole Food Markets
- REEF 305-852-0030 Email Website
- Teams of up to four divers compete for cash and prizes. Derby divers who successfully remove invasive lionfish from sanctuary waters can win for most, largest and smallest lionfish. Friday, March 30 from 6:30-7:30 p.m., REEF HQ 98300 Overseas Hwy. Captain's Meeting is mandatory for the team captains, and all team members are encouraged to attend. Sunrise, Saturday, March 31 at Sharkey's Pub & Galley, teams may begin collecting lionfish. All lionfish must be turned into the scoring station by 5 p.m., scoring and public lionfish tastings, and Awards will immediately follow scoring.