Getting Married in Islamorada
Islamorada: From Ceremony to “WeddingMoon”
- You'll need a photo ID (passport/driver's license) to get a marriage license.
- Fee is $93.50
- If you are from out of state, you will need to get a marriage license from any county in Florida.
- Both people must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- The date of a divorce or death of a spouse must be provided, if applicable.
- No blood test is required.
- There is no waiting period for non-residents of the State of Florida.
- If one of you is a resident of the State of Florida, a three-day waiting period applies.
- Other conditions/ restrictions might apply. Call the Monroe County Government office: 305-292-3550
Couples choose the Florida Keys as their wedding destination for the easygoing and informal atmosphere, and sun-soaked island-style weddings, no passport is required!
With excellent professional wedding planners who offer diverse packages to make the brides' choices easy in a laid-back yet professional manner, the stress of typical wedding planning simply doesn't happen.
Several Islamorada resorts have an on-site wedding planner to assist with custom menus, Keys-inspired décor as well as local florists, caterers, photography, videography and entertainment. Sites with exotic ambience and strands of white sand beach for meaningful photos abound, with a famed Keys sunset as the backdrop.
From a thatch-roofed altar to retro-inspired tropical chic décor — what is your style?
- Intimate Beachfront for a toned down, toes-in-the-sand ceremony
- Flip-Flop Formal
- Large & Elegant at a luxury waterfront hotel
Venues accommodate all sizes of gatherings, from a select few to 150, 400 or even 1,000 guests.
A Perfect Catch
Islamorada is considered the sport fishing capital of the world, and avid anglers have been known to cast lines after officially getting “hooked” aboard one of the area’s many charter outfits.
Ceremonies with Sea Creatures
Animal lovers can enjoy a playful celebration with gentle bottlenose dolphins in attendance at Islamorada’s Theater of the Sea, where wedding guests enjoy a private dolphin and sea lion show before the ceremony. A watery chariot accompanied by dolphins can carry couples to the altar to exchange vows, with dolphins serving as ring bearers as well.
After vows are exchanged, enjoy a lush island paradise reception surrounded by exotic orchid-filled tropical gardens, with a winding path lined with fiery torches and natural saltwater pools featuring reef and game fish, sea turtles and sharks.